Friday, March 02, 2007

Tender Mercies and Guardian Angels

We were in a restaurant tonight w/ Kaley and John and the girls. Anna Mae started choking on a chip--and before long had started turning blue. Brian started trying to solve the problem but her little body was becoming more and more limp and finally she was passing out. I started at first whispering and then almost screaming for help--and within a few seconds a nurse came forward. She knew the right thing to do and had a sense of calmness about her. She quickly pounded on Annastyn's back--and the little chip came flying out! Annastyn started crying--and it was like that first cry you hear when a new baby enters the world! The little restaurant was very tiny and we were soooo blessed that there was someone that could save our little one's life. The nurse was visiting from out-of-town. The paramedic checked her out--and she's fine. She went right back to eating--and eventually we had to send the chips back--because she was so insistent to eat another chip.

A song that they just presented at time out for Women last Saturday--came to mind . . . I didn't like it at the time--but when this instance happened it was all I could think of:

God hear my praise, Lord hear my thanks, Sweet day of Grace when Jesus came to save me, God almighty hear my praise!

I am so thankful that I was able to come home with my two little girls, and that God has allowed Annastyn's sweet sweet spirit to remain with us!

Thanks for your love and support!
Brittan

No comments: